Monday, February 8, 2010

Junk in the Trunk

So I baked my boyfriend and his friends a bunch of peanut butter cookies for their road trip a couple weekends back.

Long story short, his car ended up breaking down in nowhere GA, it cost too much to fix it (more than that old Honda was worth) and they didn't even have time to wait the weekend for the mechanics to be able to fix it. So they sold it to the mechanics for scrap parts and had to take a greyhound bus all the rest of the way back up to TN to see their friend, the reason for the whole trip. They had a long trip, had to carry everything they had packed with them on their person as they took the buses, and had to deal with weird people and heavy traveling. He was telling me all about this adventure as the guys were waiting for the bus, and I had the picture of a few guys with a huge pile of bags and junk he had to salvage from the car, tired and stressed. After all, how was a pizza delivery guy supposed to work?? He suddenly didn't have a car!

Days after they finally return, I get a text from him saying that he had been going through his bags. He told me my cookies were still great, even though they were a little stale.

  I was like









Of all the things to salvage from you car you made sure to save my cookies??!!??!!


That's when you knew you got one of the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment