Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Philosophy Degree

I used to be chasing a Philosophy degree.

Then I decided I had to change it.

I just couldn't stand all of the hot air and running in circles. The best arguer always wins, and I was way more inclined to questioning than arguing.

Besides, all of the philosophy majors I've ever met were all frustrated, conflicted people who simply could not find the true worth of anything. It seemed too sad to want to join them.




And all that logic they told you never seemed to have any real-life applications anyways. Every time you asked mama why you couldn't spend the night at Mimi's house, the answer was always "because I said so." There's never any logic to why you have relationships with people, and there sure as hell isn't any logic in how the governments rule over people and the lands or how society has its trends and mores. Culture itself has no absolute validity, truth, or soundness. Trying to be logical about it seems so silly. Arguing about that logic even more so.

Don't get me wrong, maybe the hot air warms the people with cold boredom or something, but let's face it:

I'm just not that bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment