Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oscar Wilde Obsession

I've got a kind of obsession with Oscar Wilde.



Aside from being my favorite social critic of all time and earning my respect solely for being convicted of 'gross indecency' for his writings and his conduct, he was a rather loud bi-sexual and wrote one of the most amazing novels I have ever read.

But that's not all.

My man here also happens to be the self-proclaimed ruler of uncyclopedia:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Oscar_wilde

If you think you know what morality is, think again. Picture of Dorian Gray will fuck your world up. Social conventions will have no definition to you by the end of that book.

"The people who love only once in their lives are really the shallow people. What they call their loyalty, and their fidelity, I call either lethargy of custom or their lack of imagination. Faithfulness is to the emotional life what consistency is to the intellect - simply a confession of failure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment