Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vandal!


Honestly, I never thought at the beginning of this that there could be consequences for what I was doing.

When I realized that what I was doing was some mild form of vandalism, I was thankful that everything thus far had been anonymous. And I decided everything I was going to do would remain anonymous.

I actually considered not doing the THIS IS NOT AN EXIT one in the bathrooms, but I just decided to use dry-erase marker instead of the more poetic lipstick. This way, the janitor wouldn't be burdened as much with cleaning dat shyt up later.

Haha, it seemed so ironic to me that I could get punished for trying educate people and make them think at school, because this was exactly what the people punishing me were trying to do for these kids.

FYI I graduated a few months later. I had the impression that no one knew it was me. At least, until the very last day at the senior walk-through.

As I walk down the main hall, lookin around at a few little poster things I put up on the walls, I finally reach the end where you shake the principal's hand. He looked at me, and he smiled, and for some reason I got the feeling that he knew. And that he'd known for a long time. He pulled me in for a hug, and I walked away a little dazed, and a little more hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment